Monday, July 25, 2011

birth story

thought i should write about the birth before i forget all the details. 

my c-section was scheduled on july 15th at 7:30am.  We had to be there at 6am to get all checked in and for me to get hooked up to the fluids and what not.  I was so happy to being doing this so early and to get it over with.  I get quite nervous.  I had some serious help from above because I was super calm through the whole thing.  All the doctors were on time.  (with henry they were like an hour late) I was expecting them to be late again but they were right on time.  They first took me into the surgical room to get my spinal tap in.  Bronson had to stay behind.  The doctor had a hard time getting the spinal in for some reason so it took longer than expected.  and unfortunetally that through him off and little and he forgot to put the morphine in the spinal block.  I still got completely numb but I just didn't have the 24 hour pain relief after the spinal wears off.  Anyways they finally got it in and went and got bronson.  Not long after I heard the nurse say how perfectly round the baby's head was.  He wasn't quite out yet but she couldn't get over how perfect his head was.  Shortly after they pulled him out and started sucking him out.  He must have had a ton crap in his lungs cause they were sucking him out like crazy and he sounded so weird.  Kind a freaked me out a little.  But then I heard his little cry and new he was ok.  They quickly brought him around the curtain and showed me and rushed him and bronson out to go clean him up and stuff.  After they were finished putting me back together (that sounds gross) they wheeled me into the recovery room where my mom, bronson, and the baby were.  My mom brought the baby over and i got a little teary.  hormones?  And i was just so happy everything went well and that the baby was healthy.  I nursed him pretty quickly after and he picked it right up. 

After about a half hour of recovery they took me to the postpardom room where i would spend the next few days.  I started feeling tons of pain and thats when I learned they forgot to put the morphine in my spinal.  They tried giving me morphine through my IV but i swear it didn't even touch it.  I was pushing the buttom every 10 mintues for the machine to give me more medicine and it seriously really didn't do much.  It hurt so bad to even take a deep breath.  

Bronsons parents had Sam and Henry.  So they brought them up after henrys nap.  they were so excited to see the baby and wanted to hold him immediately.  Henry kept saying, "ooh baby".  They were both so hyper and running around the room.  I kinda got nervous for a second wondering how the heck I was going to manage taking care of 3 boys.  ha!  Anyways Vince and Jill and Brittney and jamie came and saw us that day as well.  I had the hardest time keeping my eyes open when they were there because the morphine was making me so groggy.  I felt bad.  Bronson got to stay with me the whole time.  My mom took care of the boys the rest of the time.  We had the nursery take the baby every night so we could get sleep.  that was nice!  My dad and Matt came up Saturday and went home sunday.  Fun having them there.

We got home monday after noon and my mom stayed until saturday.  My sister amy came thursday and went home with my mom saturday and rachel came saturday and is going home tomorrow or wed.  its been so nice having all the help.  they have constantly done my laundry cooked, cleaned up the house and pretty much done everything for me while i have done hardly anything!  Seriously the best part about having a baby and living away.  Sam has done really well with the baby.  I don't think he's been affected too much.  Henry on the other hand i think has.  I feel bad for him.  he hasn't slept great since we've been home and has been extra whiney.  he loves the baby though and wants to hold him every second!  hopefully once im feeling 100% and can give him a little more attention it will get better. 

This is getting way to long but I forgot to mention his name.  We named him William Jeffrie Tatton.  Jeffrie is after my dad.  We again had the hardest time picking a name.  With henry it was between henry and willam at the end so i thought we'd for sure use william if we had another boy.  but then i kinda was over that name.  we didn't really talke much about it with this one towards the end.  i told bronson when we were in the hospital that it was up to him what we named him.  and he just kept leaning towards william.  finally we sent out a text to all of our immediate family and had them vote between william or benjamin.  william won.  so we did it.  ha. 

Things are going pretty well thus far.  We'll see how it goes when my sister leaves and we are one our own.  baby will is such a good baby!  we feel so blessed to be trusted with another crazy boy!

8 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

No fun about all the pain... I'm so glad he is here and healthy though!! Can't wait pics pics and more pics!

What do you call him? William, Will or Bill?

erica said...

what? no pictures?
can't wait to actually see him. looked at all of your moms and he is DARLING!!!!

love baby will. so glad you named him that :)

erica said...

sorry, looked at your moms pictures. not sure why i didn't finish my sentence.

Tammy K said...

I can't wait to see you and this baby. Good thing I'll be seeing you soon :)

Glad he made it here safe and you're being taken care of - love momma's and sisters :)

ChrissyLee said...

congrats tatton fam. i was wondering when we would hear from you. hope to see pics soon though. Will is a really cute name.

Crystal said...

Congrats again! So glad you were able to have help for the first little while. That really makes such a difference. How has it been since your family left?!? I'm sure you're handling it swimmingly.

Can't wait to see you! Love the name, BTW!

WIKKY said...

So exciting! Bummer about the morphine. I hate when it doesn't work out perfectly... Glad you are such a trooper...
Enjoy that little dude!!!

Jess Mangum said...

So exciting!! Little Will loos just like his brothers, judging by the 1 pic I saw on Fb!
Congrats Abbs.. nothing better than a NB.. and 2 little dudes running around :)