Sunday, March 28, 2010

Update on us from the past couple months....

Here is my poor attempt to update you all.  We are going to do this update in complete collage style.  I finally tonight put all 3 SD cards full of pictures on my computer tonight.  Probably over a 1000 pictures.  My computer is going to crash.  I just know it.  ahhh.  In no particular order.. here is goes a little update on random things we have been doing... 




On Memorial Day Bronson and Sam along with the Smith family headed out for an outdoor activity.  I opted to stay home with the baby.  Ohh the many things my baby can get me out of.  They went up to snow basin to hike around.  Sam Loves the snow and his cousins.  He had so much fun.  Bronson had a lot of fun too.  He was dying to do something out doors but its just been too dang cold.  So he decided to ditch me and the baby on his day off. :) He took some great pictures though!



Pictures taken on our way down to St. George when we got stuck on I-15 for so long.  Sam was so good and actually had fun I think.  He had lots of fun playing with the sun roof and sticking his head out trying to talk to people that were walking up and down the road.  

I had alot of fun being a mom to 6 kids.  It was a bit exausting though.  Thank goodness for Gracie and Molly though.  They helped me out so much.  I had alot of fun!!
My dad got a kids 4-wheeler that week.  He did a trade with someone.  On Sunday he rounded up all the kiddos and Derrick and Dennis and took them out to the corral to show them.  All with out telling my mom.  ha.  I love this picture of my Dad with all the kids.  We are missing a few kids though.  Henry, Allie, and Abe.  The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE my dad.  


We took Sam skiing about a month ago for the first time this season and the last.  He did pretty good.  Bronson decided to try snow boarding for the 2nd time ever in his life.  He bruised his tail bone pretty bad.  He had a really hard time trying to snow board and help sam ski at the same time.  It was a good thing his mom and dad were there skiing to help out.  


Sam finally about a month ago decided he could ride a bike.  Up until then he just could not figure the pedaling thing out.  But all of a sudden he got it out of the garage and started riding it like he had been forever.  Unfortunately his seat broke off half way through our walk.  He insisted on riding it still though.  And did for  like a week after.  Bronson kept getting after him and telling him "no seat, no pee pee"... meaning if he rides that bike any long with out a seat its going to rip his pee pee off.  There is nothing good about riding a bike with a broken metal pipe sticking out.  YIkes!  So finally last week we got him a new bike.  And have been going out riding everyday.  

Henry is growing before my very eyes.  Amy gave us her jumper so we thought we'd try it out.  He liked it ok.  This was quite a while ago though.  We haven't tried it since.  I'm sure he'd be alot better at it now.  

Every time we come home from somewhere and the neighbor boys are out sam always wants to go talk with them.  They are so nice to him.  They always yell for him to come over too.  I was putting the groceries away and looked out the window and sam was attacking them with his sticky hand toy thing.  They were being funny and acting like he was really hurting them and falling on the ground.  It was really funny.  You probably had to be there.  
Sam had a little accident while we were in St. George.  He was riding a motor scooter with Tess and he was jerking the handle bars trying to steer and they crashed.  Him and Tess both had a few bumps and bruises.  I ended up taking sam to the doc to see if he needed stitches.  It wouldn't stop bleeding.  But he didn't.  Thank goodness.  


We have really been enjoying the nice weather here and there.  We take full advantage and go out for walks and bike riding everytime there is a sign of good weather.  Henry hasn't been outside much outside of his carseat so he has been loving it.  He looks around at everything likes he's seeing it for the first time.  Probably because it is! ha.  

We had Vince, Jill, and Allie over for dinner on Monday night.  Allie is getting so big!  She is a funny girl and so cute!  It was fun catching up with them.  We for sure need to be seeing them more than we do.  


Henry has been rolling over for the past few weeks.  Its exciting that he is learning new things but man... It's been a rough few weeks in the sleeping department since he's been rolling.  He rolls over in his crib and then cries because he can't get back over.  Finally I started just letting him cry is out and learn to roll over or learn to just sleep on his stomach.  He is doing both now.  But we are still struggling in the night.   He was doing so well at night and only waking up once and now I don't know what to expect with him in the night.  Sometimes he wakes up 10 times sometimes 2.  I'm real tired these days.  Lets hope he can get back on schedule soon. 
I gave sam a mohawk when I cut his hair a while ago.  Just for fun.  Bronson made me shave it right off. It was fun for a second though.  Sam was hilarious.  He scooted the bar stool over to the mirror and no joke stood there for like 20 minutes coming his hair. 

 
We started feeding Henry rice cereal last week.  He was ready.  He kept eyeing my food like he wanted to eat it so I gave in.  He likes it ok.  Getting better and eating more each time.  He gags on it too when he is not wanting anymore.  Its pretty funny.
Sam wanted so badly to feed Henry.  It was killing him not too.  So I let him.  He loves to help me with Henry.  Sometimes a little too much :)


Today we tried carrots.  Gross!  He did not like them.  He ate like 4 bites and his face was hilarious watching him try to swallow that stuff.  We'll try again tomorrow and see if he likes them any better.  Sam gets the biggest kick out of henry when he makes the weird faces when eating.  
Both my sisters sent me home with clothes for Henry.  When we got back from St. George I unloaded the bags and tried sorting it all.  Pretty sure I don't have to buy any summer clothes for the boy.  There were 29 pairs of shorts for him.  TWENTY NINE!  Hand me downs are the best!  Its great being the younger of 2 sisters who just had boys.  Oh and who wants to decorate Henrys room for me?  cause its looking like it wont be me.  


We had the cousins over on Friday to play.  It totally snowed.  Seriously so done with winter.  The kids went out and ran around in it.  They have so much fun together.  
Today we went to this place with bronsons family.  It was fun.  It got pretty dang cold there at the end.  Poor henry was probably freezing.  Sam too.  I'm good and not dressing myself and my kids appropriately for the cold weather.  Bronson always gets after me.  
When did my sam turn 15?  Seriously. I can't get over how old he looks in that picture.  He loves wearing Bronsons glasses.  I try to not let him.  I hope it doesn't cause serious damage and result in him having to really get glasses.  Love this picture of Henry and Bronson.  

Wow... good job if you made it to the end.  That was a serious overload of pictures.  February and March have been really fun.  But we are so excited for the coming months and the warmer weather!

6 comments:

Heather B said...

Whew! Great update! Your boys are so dang cute. I love that Sam was sticking his head out of your sun roof to talk to people. And I love cute Henry, once again, he looks so much like you and your side of the family. Sorry Bronson! I have never decorated my kids rooms either...

erica said...

oh my. LOVE the update! I don't know when the last time I saw henry was - he is getting so so big! I love the pictures of him in the bouncer.
darling darling boys.

Morgan said...

Best kind of updates!!

Tammy K said...

I made it I made it!

I think little Henry is ABSOLUTELY A-FREAK'N-DORABLE
Can't get over that face

and you can just send Sam to me cause he cracks me up! I just think he would entertain Tanner and me for hours!

Miss you and your fam.

I will be in St George April 21-May1... any chance you will be down????

Ps - You're look'n AWESOME!!! little Jealous - not gonna lie :)

Grandma lu said...

loved catching up! All your boys are darling! Thanks for all the hair work in St. George. love, lu

WIKKY said...

What a great post!!! REcap it all! Great pictures, great family!!! Those boys are sooo handsome! Way to go Bronson and Abby!!!!