This picture has nothing to do with the post but it is hilarious. click on the picture and check out his face! I laugh out loud every time I look at it!
We spent the weekend in St. George. It was fun. It's always fun down there. Anyways today at church Sam was BEGGING to bear his testimony. Did I spell bear correctly? Or should it be bare? Anyway.... A little background. For about the the past few months Sam has seriously thrown fits every fast sunday for one of us to take him up there to share his testimony. The first time he did it we about died. I was very much pregnant and used that to my advantage by telling Bronson I didn't want to be standing in front of the whole ward looking like im about to bust out of my clothing. So he took him the first couple times. I was laughing quietly almost uncontrollably the first time because I just couldn't believe he was up there talking in the microphone in front of everyone. I would in no way have done that when I was his age. Anyway he's done it probably every fast sunday since that first time.
Well Bronson and I were thinking we were going to be pretty clever and decided before hand that when he begs to get up (because we knew he would) that we would tell him to go ask my mom or dad to take him up there. We knew we would be in St. George and thought it would be pretty funny for my mom or dad to have to take him up there. Well that back fired. He only wanted ME to take him. Finally I convinced him to go ask Bronson. He was holding the baby and told him he couldn't and that he needed to go ask me again. By this time I could hear the people sitting behind us wispering "look at that little boy he wants to go up so bad". So now I'm feeling quilty. So I tell him we can go up right after the next person. After they were done someone quickly got up before we even stood up. Sam was not happy. Finally I mustered up the courage and walked him up there. He said the first part by himself. "I like to bear my testimony, I know the church is true". Then he would look at me and say, "now what"? So after I told him a few things to say I wispered to him to say "in the name of...." to wrap things up. Well apparently he wasn't done and said "no mom I'm not done yet". Loud enough for everyone to hear. He did that 3 times!! I was dying. I was so nervous thinking that we were going to be up there all day that I couldn't think of any thing to tell him to say! ah! Finally I got him to wrap it up. After we walked down and sat in our seats.. he jumped back up and begged (not quietly) for me to take him up to the stand to sit up by where the bishop and his counselors sit.
Where did he come from? He really likes to take Bronson and I out of our comfort zones sometimes.
But how thankful I am for a little boy who WANTS and begs to share his testimony. I hope that he will always be like that. What an example he is to me!
We spent the weekend in St. George. It was fun. It's always fun down there. Anyways today at church Sam was BEGGING to bear his testimony. Did I spell bear correctly? Or should it be bare? Anyway.... A little background. For about the the past few months Sam has seriously thrown fits every fast sunday for one of us to take him up there to share his testimony. The first time he did it we about died. I was very much pregnant and used that to my advantage by telling Bronson I didn't want to be standing in front of the whole ward looking like im about to bust out of my clothing. So he took him the first couple times. I was laughing quietly almost uncontrollably the first time because I just couldn't believe he was up there talking in the microphone in front of everyone. I would in no way have done that when I was his age. Anyway he's done it probably every fast sunday since that first time.
Well Bronson and I were thinking we were going to be pretty clever and decided before hand that when he begs to get up (because we knew he would) that we would tell him to go ask my mom or dad to take him up there. We knew we would be in St. George and thought it would be pretty funny for my mom or dad to have to take him up there. Well that back fired. He only wanted ME to take him. Finally I convinced him to go ask Bronson. He was holding the baby and told him he couldn't and that he needed to go ask me again. By this time I could hear the people sitting behind us wispering "look at that little boy he wants to go up so bad". So now I'm feeling quilty. So I tell him we can go up right after the next person. After they were done someone quickly got up before we even stood up. Sam was not happy. Finally I mustered up the courage and walked him up there. He said the first part by himself. "I like to bear my testimony, I know the church is true". Then he would look at me and say, "now what"? So after I told him a few things to say I wispered to him to say "in the name of...." to wrap things up. Well apparently he wasn't done and said "no mom I'm not done yet". Loud enough for everyone to hear. He did that 3 times!! I was dying. I was so nervous thinking that we were going to be up there all day that I couldn't think of any thing to tell him to say! ah! Finally I got him to wrap it up. After we walked down and sat in our seats.. he jumped back up and begged (not quietly) for me to take him up to the stand to sit up by where the bishop and his counselors sit.
Where did he come from? He really likes to take Bronson and I out of our comfort zones sometimes.
But how thankful I am for a little boy who WANTS and begs to share his testimony. I hope that he will always be like that. What an example he is to me!

5 comments:
Bear is right! Although it does look kind of funny when it's written, but that's the right spelling. That story about the testimony is so darling, he will love that story when he's older. That picture is AWESOME!
haha!!! nice! i loved that story. what a cutie.
what the heck though- you're in sg?! how long are you staying? it would be fun to get together. i know i live in cedar, but i wouldn't mind driving down to see you guys. i haven't seen you forever. plus, i've never seen henry in real life.
so so funny! ever since lincoln started primary, and I ask him how it went after church, he says it was good and then WHINES WHINES WHINES about how he wants to talk in primary in the microphone. i guess i should be glad it's not in sacrament!
sam is seriously the funniest kid in the world. love that boy!
He needs to give some of that courage to me! Seriously... I get sooo nervous doing that! Can't wait to hear him next month!!!
Post a Comment