Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4 year check

{sam and his cookie}
Sam also had he 4 year check the same time as Henry's check.
I was so glad that we had appointments for Monday,
because sam woke up with a rash all over his face and neck,
and a sore throat.
I'm not very good at taking my kids to the doctor right away.
I usually wait a few days to see if things improve,
and then decide.
I probably should be better at that.
Turns out he had strep throat.
He managed to not get strep throat a month or so ago when all of his cousins up here got it,
but he ended up getting it just now.  Not sure where he picked it up from.

His check-up went fine.
Here's how it went.
Doc: How are sam's eating habits?
Me: ummm not great.  Terrible actually
Doc: Does he watch 2 hours or less of T.V a day?
Me:  mmmm no.  (eeek)
Doc: Does he sleep through the night?
Me: that would be a no.

FAILED!
Oh my gosh I felt like a failure as a mom after those questions.
Then he asked me about his ABC's and counting and sam starting singing the abc's right then and there.  Ok good!   Then he started counting 123.......10 and after ten he said eleventeen.  ha.

Sam came out quite the opposite as Henry.
He was 55% in weight
and 23 % in height
He has always been on the shorter side.
I think he's always been under the 13th percentile for it.
Sorry sam.  You got my short gene I guess.






Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather B said...

If it makes you feel any better, all my answers (for Kalia) would have been the exact same as yours were for Sam. :) Sorry he had strep, that is an awful virus.

WIKKY said...

But... he is so dang cute!!!! Who is your doc???? Just wondering! He will grow out of the no sleeping and then you will wish that he still came in to snuggle!